Academic tasks provide 2000+ basic and advanced level of Biochemistry MCQs with answers and detailed explanations. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on biochemistry subject and cover all important topics of biochemistry like Biomolecules, Carbohydrates, Aminocides, Proteins, Proteins function, Nucleic acids, Weak Interactions in Aqueous Systems, Ionization of Water, Weak acids & Weak Bases, Water as a Reactant, Proteoglycans, Glycoproteins and Glycolipids, Proteoglycans, Glycoproteins and Glycolipids – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on biochemistry. These biochemistry MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Medical here.
131. Which of the following is a derived a derived protein_____________?
132. All are genetic amino acid deficiency disease except___________?
A. Phenyl ketonuria
133. Mannose 6 phosphate containing freshly synthesized proteins are directed to_____________?
D. Golgi apparatus
134. Glutamine replaced by valine in sckle cell anaemia is characterized________________?
A. Non Sense mutation of beta chain
B. Missense mutation of beta chain
C. Degradation of beta chain
D. Deletion of beta chain
135. All are true about glutathione except ?
A. It is a tripetide
B. It converts hemoglobin to methemoglobin
C. It conjugates xenobiotics
D. It scavenges free radicals and superoxide ions
136. The class of amino acids that contains only non essential amino acids is_______________?
D. Branched chain
137. The nitrogen content in 50 gm of a typical dietary protein is most likely to be_____________?
A. 5 gm
B. 8 gm
C. 10 gm
D. 16 gm
138. The number of essential amino acid are______________?
139. The amino acid residue having animino side chain is____________?
140. The primary role of chaperones is to help in______________?
A. Protein synthesis
B. Protein degradation
C. Protein denaturation
D. Protein folding