401. What high energy phosphate compound is formed in the citric acid cycle through substrate level phosphorylation______________?
402. The main enzyme responsible for activation of xenobiotics in (detoxification)____________?
A. Cytochrome P-450
B. Glutathione S-transferase
C. NADPH cytochrome P-450 reductase
D. Glucuronyl transferase
403. Which acid is formed in the citric acid cycle ?
A. Oxaloacetic acid
B. Glutamic acid
C. Nitric acid
D. None of the above
404. Kreb’s cycle occurs in _________ conditions?
D. Aerobic and anaerobic
405. Which of them is multienzyme complex_____________?
A. Pyruvate dehydrogenase
B. Alpha ketoglutarate dehydrogenase
C. Succinate dehydrogenase
E. Both A & B
406. Which of the following statement is TRUE? The hydrolysis of lactose yields glucose and galactose_____________?
A. The hydrolysis of lactose yields glucose and galactose
B. The hydrolysis of maltose yields glucose and fructose
C. The hydrolysis of sucrose yields only glucose
D. All of the above statements are true
407. The compound that can give rise to glucose by gluconeogenesis is_____________?
A. Acetyl CoA
C. Palmitic acid
408. Insulin acts on which enzyme in glycolysis ?
C. Glucose 6 phosphatase
D. Adenylate kinase
409. Adrenaline acts on which enzyme in glycogenolysis ?
D. Glucose diphosphatase
410. Gluconeogenesis occurs in the liver and _______?