Academic tasks provide 2000+ basic and advanced level of Biochemistry MCQs with answers and detailed explanations. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on biochemistry subject and cover all important topics of biochemistry like Biomolecules, Carbohydrates, Aminocides, Proteins, Proteins function, Nucleic acids, Weak Interactions in Aqueous Systems, Ionization of Water, Weak acids & Weak Bases, Water as a Reactant, Proteoglycans, Glycoproteins and Glycolipids, Proteoglycans, Glycoproteins and Glycolipids – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on biochemistry. These biochemistry MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Medical here.
121. Argentaffinoma is characterized by excess excretion of_____________?
A. 5- Hydroxy indole acetate
B. 3- Hydroxy phenyl pyruvate
C. Phenyl lactate
D. Phenyl acetate
122. Urea is formed in_____________?
123. The following is not a carrier protein________________?
124. False statement about haemoglobin structure________________?
A. Hb has 2 polypeptide chains
B. Iron is present in ferrous state
C. Hb structurally similar to myoglobin
D. Ferrous ions are in porphyrin rings
125. At PH 7 the binding of 2,3 DPG to hemoglobin occurs at which site ?
A. Sulphydryl group
B. Carboxy terminal
C. Amino terminal
126. Iron is complexed in haemoglobin to_______________?
127. Urea is produced by the enzyme_____________?
128. Urinary protein is detected by______________?
A. Barfoed test
B. Hay’s test
C. Boiling test
D. Ehrlich’s test
129. Which is the by product of the urea cycle_______________?
130. Amino acids excreted in the urine in cystinosis______________?
E. All of the above