251. Which of the following is a phospholipid________________?
D. Oleic acid
252. Unsaturated fatty acids are converted to______________?
C. Cell membrane lipid
D. Saturated fatty acid
253. Saponification means hydrolysis of fats by________________?
254. The major lipids that make up the cell membrane are_______________?
D. Fatty acids
255. The most important role of cholesterol is_____________?
A. It is a component of cell membrane
B. It is a precursor of polyunsaturated fatty acids
C. It stores up energy
D. None of the above
256. A fatty acid that is not synthesized in man is_____________?
A. Linoleic acid
B. Oleic acid
C. Palmitic acid
D. Stearic acid
257. Fatty acid oxidation occurs in______________?
D. All of the above
258. True about G protein couple receptors is _________________ ?
A. G proteins bind to hormones on the cell surface
B. All the three subunits alpha, beta and gamma should bind each other for G protein to act
C. G Proteins act as inhibitory and excitatory because of difference in alpha subunit
D. G protein is bound to GTP in resting state
259. Non polar lipid act as______________?
A. Electrical insulators
C. Non electrical insulators
260. Iron is present in all, EXCEPT______________?
D. Pyruvate kinase