781. During catabolism, only about 40% of the energy available from oxidizing glucose is used to synthesize ATP. Remaining 60%
A. is lost as heat
B. is used to reduce NADP
C. remains in the products of metabolism
D. is stored as fat.

782. Why does the glycolytic pathway continue in the direction of glucose catabolism?
A. There are essentially three irreversible reactions that act as the driving force for the pathway
B. High levels of ATP keep the pathway going in a forward direction
C. The enzymes of glycolysis only function in one direction
D. Glycolysis occurs in either direction

783. The released energy obtained by oxidation of glucose is stored as
A. a concentration gradient across a membrane
B. ADP
C. ATP
D. NAD+

784. A kinase is an enzyme that
A. removes phosphate groups of substrates
B. uses ATP to add a phosphate group to the substrate
C.uses NADH to change the oxidation state of the substrate
D. removes water from a double bond

785. For every one molecule of sugar glucose which is oxidized __________ molecule of pyruvic acid are produced.
A. 1
B. 2
C. 3
D. 4

786. In the glycogen synthase reaction, the precursor to glycogen is
A. glucose-6-P
B. UTP-glucose
C. UDP-glucose
D. glucose-1-P

787. The active form of glycogen phosphorylase is phosphorylated, while the dephosphorylation of which active form occurs?
A. Glycogen synthase
B. Glycogen semisynthase
C. Glycogen hydrolase
D. Glycogen dehydrogenase

788. The amount of energy received from one ATP is
A. 76 kcal
B. 7.3 kcal
C. 760 kcal
D. 1000 kcal

789. The enzymes of glycolysis in a eukaryotic cell are located in the
A.intermembrane space
B. plasma membrane
C. cytosol
D. mitochondrial matrix

790. When concentration of the reactants is higher than the equilibrium concentration then
A. the gibbs free energy will be positive
B. the gibbs free energy will be negative
C. more products will be formed
D. both (b) and (c)

This Post Has 3 Comments

  1. graliontorile

    Hello there, I found your website via Google while looking for a related topic, your web site came up, it looks great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

Leave a Reply