Academic tasks provide 2000+ basic and advanced level of Biochemistry MCQs with answers and detailed explanations. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on biochemistry subject and cover all important topics of biochemistry like Biomolecules, Carbohydrates, Aminocides, Proteins, Proteins function, Nucleic acids, Weak Interactions in Aqueous Systems, Ionization of Water, Weak acids & Weak Bases, Water as a Reactant, Proteoglycans, Glycoproteins and Glycolipids, Proteoglycans, Glycoproteins and Glycolipids – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on biochemistry. These biochemistry MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Medical here.
151. Key enzyme in urea synthesis is____________?
B. Carbamyl synthetase
152. Ammonia is detoxified in liver to form____________?
A. Uric acid
153. A small Ca+2 binding protein that modifies the activity of many enzymes and other proteins in response to changes of Ca+2 concentration is known as______________?
154. Decarboxylation of which of the following amino acids results in formation of a vasodilator ?
D. Glutamic acid
155. A mutation that converts an amino acid codon to a stop codon is a_____________?
A. Nonsense mutation
C. Silent mutation
D. Frame shift mutation
156. Histidine is converted to histamine by_____________?
157. ALbumin is synthesized by_____________?
158. Which of the following amino acids is quickly converted to tyrosine ?
159. Synthesis of protein occurs on__________________?
B. Poly ribosomes
D. Golgi bodies
160. Which of the following is present in the plasma but absent in the serum ?