821. How many CO2 molecules are exhaled for each O2 molecule utilized in cellular respiration?
822. What happens after glycolysis when oxygen is available as an electron acceptor?
A. Pyruvate is formed
B. NADH is produced
D. Oxidative phosphorylation
823. Lactic acid is produced by human muscles during strenuous exercise because of lack of
D. ADP and Pi
824. Which of the following is correct sequence of processes in the oxidation of glucose?
A. Krebs cycle – glycolysis – electron transport
B. Glycolysis – Krebs cycle – eletron transport
C. Electron transport – Krebs cycle – glycolysis
D. Krebs cycle – electron transport – glycolysis
825. In electron transport, electrons ultimately pass to
B. cytochrome b
D. none of these
826. The complete oxidation of glucose yields usable energy in the form of
B. coenzyme A
D. pyruvic acid
827. During electron transport, protons are pumped out of the mitochondrion at each of the major sites except for
A. complex I
B. complex II
C. complex III
D. complex IV
828. The aerobic breakdown of glucose known as respiration involves
A. electron transport phosphorylation
C. Krebs Cycle
D. all of the above
829. In aerobic respiration, the compound that enters a mitochondrion is
A. acetyl CoA
830. How many molecules of ATP are hydrolysed to form two molecule of ammonia?