491. Which of the following conditions related to smoking involves damage to the alveoli sacs?
A. Lung Cancer
492. How does smoking cigarettes impact the red blood cells?
A. Decreases their ability to congeal
B. Decreases their ability to carry oxygen
C. Decreases their ability to reach their typical life duration
D. Decreases their ability to cleanse wounds
493. What is the addictive drug in tobacco ______________?
494. Which of the following chemicals is not found in tobacco smoke?
A. Chlorine bleach
B. Rocket fuel
C. Nail polish remover
D. Barbecue lighter fluid
495. The atmospheric greenhouse effect is produced mainly by the __________________?
A. Absorption and re-emission of visible light by the atmosphere
B. Absorption and re-emission of ultraviolet radiation by the atmosphere
C. Absorption and re-emission of infrared radiation by the atmosphere
D. Absorption and re-emission of visible light by clouds
E. Absorption and re-emission of visible light by the ground
496. At what time of day is the relative humidity normally at a minimum ________________ ?
A. When the air temperature is highest
B. Just before sunrise
C. About midnight
D. When the air temperature is lowest
497. Water vapor is ______________?
A. A gas
B. A cloud droplet
C. A rain drop
D. A snowflake
498. Acid deposition causes ______________________?
A. the greenhouse effect to lessen
B. lakes and forests to die
C. acid indigestion in humans
D. all the above are correct
499. Salinization is ___________?
A. Accumulation of salts in water
B. Accumulation of salts in soil
C. Accumulation of salts in body
D. Accumulation of salts in animals
500. The gradual physiological adjustment to slowly changing new environmental conditions is known as _____________________?