251. Which of these countries did not attack Israel in 1948?
E. Saudi Arabia
252. During the 1948-1949 war, approximately _____ Palestinian Arabs fled from Israel to neighboring Arab countries.
253. The Camp David Accords:
A. Were negotiated after the first Palestinian intifada
B. Allowed Egypt to re-open the eastern portion of the Suez Canal
C. Stated Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt would recognize Israel as a sovereign nation
D. Gave transplanted Palestinians the right of return to Israel
E. Returned the Sinai Peninsula to Egypt
254. Israel’s official capital is:
C. Tel Aviv
255. Which country has the largest number of Palestinians living outside Israel and the Occupied Territories?
A. United States
E. United Kingdom
256. Which of these is not a major part of the Israeli economy?
A. High-technology equipment
B. Cut diamonds
C. Revenue from oil shipped through its pipelines
D. Citrus fruits and other agricultural exports
E. Financial assistance from the United States
257. The main source for Israel’s National Water Carrier is:
A. The Dead Sea
B. The Red-Dead Canal
C. The West Bank aquifer
D. Lake Kinneret
E. The Yarmuk River
258. Which Egyptian president signed the 1979 peace treaty with Israel?
A. Hosni Mubarak
B. Anwar Sadat
C. Gamal Abdel Nasser
D. Ahmad Fouad
E. None of the above
259. For most of the last two decades, which country has been the second-largest recipient of U.S. foreign aid?
B. Saudi Arabia
260. Which Israeli prime minister had the historic handshake with Yasser Arafat in 1993?
A. Binyamin Netanyahu
B. Ariel Sharon
C. Ehud Barak
D. Yitzhak Rabin
E. Shimon Peres