Academic Task provides MCQs about International Relation from Basic to Advance, so that you can prepare accordingly. Here we cover an important topic related to IR MCQs for the Preparation of Competitive exams and tests (PPSC Test, FPSC Test
161. Contemporary ideologies have arisen to challenge traditional ones mainly because…
A. traditional ideologies bear no relevance to contemporary circumstances.
B. traditional ideologies were too optimistic in their assumptions about human nature.
C. traditional ideologies are vulnerable to the criticism that they rested on far-reaching ‘narratives’ which over-simplify our complex world.
D. people are no longer as interested in politics as they used to be.
162. Postmodernists typically argue that…
A. ‘Universalist’ narratives which attempt to explain the world are invariably false
B. The world is socially constructed in a variety of ways
C. Differences of viewpoint should be celebrated not deplored
D. All of the above
163. All liberal feminists advocate…
A. the banning of sexually-explicit imagery.
B. abortion on demand.
C. equal treatment in the public sphere.
D. the strict segregation of the sexes.
164. The idea that feminist goals cannot be realized without the destruction of economic inequalities is associated with…
A. liberal feminism.
B. socialist feminism.
C. radical feminism.
165. Why is postmodernism attractive to some feminists?
A. Both positions tend to be supported with a large quantity of pretentious jargon.
B. Postmodernists provide a vision for a more equal world.
C. Postmodernists are useful allies in campaigns of civil disobedience.
D. Postmodernism emphasizes difference and variety, as well as highlighting the importance of the private and the personal.
166. Why should environmentalism be distinguished from ecologism?
A. The latter has a more realistic view of the challenges facing the world.
B. The first argues for piecemeal change, while the second urges radical change.
C. Environmentalists are full-hearted supporters of economic growth, regardless of the cost.
D. Ecologists prefer plants to human beings.
167. Environmental reformism is based on…
A. an anthropocentric view of the world.
B. an apoplectic view of the world.
C. the view that the non-human parts of nature are of primary importance
D. the view that claims about climate change have been seriously exaggerated.
168. Why have Liberals found it difficult to embrace multiculturalism?
A. It denies that the state can be a neutral arbiter of disputes.
B. It denies that minorities can have rights.
C. It implies the toleration of certain illiberal practices.
D. It seeks to impose religious uniformity.
169. Samuel Huntington is associated with…
A. ‘The Clash of Civilisations’.
B. ‘The End of History’.
C. ‘The End of Ideology’.
D. ‘The New World Order’.
170. Islamic fundamentalism can accurately be described as…
A. a uniquely violent and barbaric movement.
B. a ‘modern’ movement which is opposed to modernity.
C. a movement without rational or constructive political goals.
D. a purely religious phenomenon.