Pathology is a branch of medical science that involves the study and diagnosis of disease through the examination of surgically removed organs, tissues (biopsy samples), bodily fluids, and in some cases the whole body (autopsy). Academic tasks provide 3000+ basic and advanced levels of pathology MCQ with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pathology subject and cover all important topics of pathology like Primary Cardiovascular, Primary Cellular, Primary Endocrine And Renal, Primary Cellular Pathology, Cell Injury, General Pathology, Organ System Pathology, Atherosclerosis-Thrombosis, Embryology, Neoplasia, Nutrition, Transfusion Medicine, Coagulation – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on biochemistry. These biochemistry MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Oral Histology here.
41. A child’s CSF was examined I contains slightly raised or normal PMN cells, raised lymphocytes, absence of mycotic growth, value of protein is normal or above normal, glucose level is normal. The most probable diagnosis is____________?
A. Pyogenic bacterial meningitis
B. Viral meningitis
C. Fungal meningitis
D. Tuberculous meningitis
42. Bone marrow stem cells differ from differ from differentiated progenitor stem cells in what respect ?
A. Provide differentiated terminal cells
B. Reconstitution of Bone marrow
C. Formation of the ovum
D. Act as a repair system for the body
43. Which is true about Multiple myeloma ?
A. IgM spike increase
B. Direct plasma cell deposition in glomerular capilaries leads to kidney damage
C. IL 8 is a marker for bone lesions
D. Invariably increase in alkaline phosphatase
44. Which of the following procedures is used as a routine technique in karyotyping using light microscopy ?
A. G banding
B. C banding
C. Q banding
D. Brd V-staining
45. Prostate specific antigen is used as____________?
A. Tumor marker
B. Proto oncogene
D. Bacterial antigen
46. Which is associated with defect in DNA repair___________?
B. Xeroderma pigmentosum
D. Sickle cell anaemia
47. All of the following types of collagen except one are present in cartliage__________?
48. Which of the following is most common location of intracranial neurocysticercoses ?
A. Spinal card
B. Brain parenchyma
C. Basal cisternae
D. Medulla oblongata
49. Why fetal cells continue to divide but terminally differentiated adult cells do not divide ?
A. Phosphatase absent in fetal cells
B. There are many cyclin inhibitors which prevent cell to enter into S phase in adult
C. Proteinase is absent in fetus
D. Absence of CD kinase
50. Which of the following is not present in lungs ?
A. Clara cells
B. Langerhans cells
C. Brush cells
D. Klutischky cells