Pathology is a branch of medical science that involves the study and diagnosis of disease through the examination of surgically removed organs, tissues (biopsy samples), bodily fluids, and in some cases the whole body (autopsy). Academic tasks provide 3000+ basic and advanced levels of pathology MCQ with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on pathology subject and cover all important topics of pathology like Primary Cardiovascular, Primary Cellular, Primary Endocrine And Renal, Primary Cellular Pathology, Cell Injury, General Pathology, Organ System Pathology, Atherosclerosis-Thrombosis, Embryology, Neoplasia, Nutrition, Transfusion Medicine, Coagulation – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on biochemistry. These biochemistry MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Oral Histology here.
101. The host tissue response in acute inflammation is all except______________?
102. Edema occurs due to_____________?
A. Increased capilary permeability
B. Decreased capilary permeability
C. Decreased interstitial fluid
D. Decreased blood flow
103. Prostaglandins are synthesized from______________?
A. RNA template
B. Rough endoplasmic reticulum
C. Polyunsaturated fatty acids
D. None of the above
104. Granuloma is characterized by all of the following except______________?
A. A specific type of chronic inflammation
B. Accumulation of modified macrophages
C. Initiated by a number of infectious and non infectious agents
D. A reaction of acute inflammation
105. In granuloma, epithelial and giant cells are derived from_____________?
A. T cells
B. B cells
C. Plasma cells
106. All of the following about prostaglandins and leukotriene are correct except________________?
A. Arachidonic acid is metabolized to form prostaglandins and leukotrienes
B. COX-1 is inducible in many tissues
C. COX is induced by cytokines at the site of inflammation
D. Leukotrienes cause bronchoconstriction
107. Caseating granuloma is commonly seen in____________?
A. Viral infections
108. Lepra cells are seen in abundance in_______________?
A. Tuberculoid leprosy
B. Lepromatous leprosy
C. Histoid leprosy
D. Intermediate leprosy
109. The process by which red blood cell move out of vessels through widened inter endothelial junction is referred as_____________?
C. Rouleax formation
D. Chemotaxis migration
110. Ag-Ab (antigen-antibody) reaction due to the presence of antibody at the surface of cell is______________?
A. Type I hyp
B. Type II hyp
C. Type III hyp
D. Type IV hyp