281. Chicken-wire appearance of enlarged bone marrow spaces is seen in_______________?
A. Fetal alcohol syndrome
B. Sickle cell anaemia
C. Haemophilia A
D. Beta thalassemia majon
282. Syndrome associated with increased risk of leukemia is_____________?
A. Plummer Vinson syndrome
B. Klinefelter syndrome
C. Sturge weber syndrome
D. Multiple hamartoma syndrome
283. Cooley’s anemia is also called___________________?
A. Mediterranean anemia
B. Beta – Thalassemia major
C. Erythroblastic anema
D. All of the above
284.. Gingiva are enlarged in leukemia because of____________________?
B. Hemolytic anaemia
C. Aplastic anaemia
D. Megaloblastic anemia
285. A patient with a bleeding disorder with increased bleeding time and normal clotting time is suffering from________________?
A. Classic hemophilia
B. Christmas disease
C. Vitamin K deficiency
D. Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura
286. The protein that carries iron from the gut to the body tissues is called________________?
287. A 14 year old boy complains with gingival bleeding oral ulcers, anaemia with hepatomegaly but no lymphadenopathy, total eukocyte count of one-lakh cells per mm3 is suffering from________________?
A. Acute myeloid leukemia
B. Chronic monocytic leukemia
C. Chronic lymphoblastic leukemia
D. Chronic myeloid leukemia
288. Which of the following is not true for hemophilia A ________________?
A. Hemophilia A is due to deficiency of factor VIII
B. In hemophilia A females are carriers
C. Desmopressin is useful in the management of hemophilia A
D. Levels of factor VIII less than 50% are associated with spontaneous hemorrhage
289. Normal adult hemoglobin contains________________?
A. One alpha chain and one beta chain
B. One alpha chains and two beta chains
C. One beta chains and two alpha chains
D. Two alpha chains and two beta chains
290. Reduced number of platelet is found in all the conditions except____________________?
A. Disseminated intravascular coagulation
B. Aplastic anaemia
C. Acute myelocytic leukemia
D. Von willebrand disease