311. Increased bleeding time is seen in all except______________?
B. Von Willebrand disease
D. Ehlers danlos syndrome
312. The following are recognized causes of neutropenia Except_______________?
A. Corticosteroid therapy
B. Typhoid fever
C. Aplastic anemia
D. Viral infection
313. Prothrombin time indicates the integrity of ____________________?
A. Intrinsic pathway
B. Extrinsic pathway
C. Capillary function
D. All of the above
314. All of the following are typically associated with loss of 40% of the circulating blood volume except_______________?
A. A decrease in the blood pressure
B. A decrease in the central venous pressure
C. A decrease in the heart rate
D. A decrease in the urine output
315. Edema is due to_______________?
A. Increased albumin in blood and decreased globin
B. Decreased albumin conc. in blood
C. Increased osmotic pressure
D. None of the above
316. A 20 year male complains of recurrent attacks of sore tthroat since 2 years. The total leukocyte count was 1000/ul. A differential count revealed severe neutropenia. The diagnosis is________________?
A. Subleukemic leukemia
B. Infectious mononucleosis
D. Leukoerythroblastic anemia
317. Thrombocytopenia due to increased platelet destruction is seen in_________________?
A. Aplasti anemia
B. Cancer chemotherapy
C. Acute leukemia
D. Systemic lupus erythematosus
318. Primary hemostasis is disturbed in______________?
A. Platelet disorder
B. Lupus anticoagulant
D. Liver disease
319. A 3-year old child presented with progressive anaemia, jaundice & failure to thrive. O/E: pallor, splenomegaly are seen Peripheral smear showed normoblasts and small round intensely stained red cells. The likely diagnosis is________________?
A. Here ditary spherocytosis
C. Sickle cell anaemia
D. Vitamin B12 deficiency anaemia
320. Increased levels of haemoglobin A2 is characteristic of________________?
A. Sickle cell trait
B. b-thalassemia crait
C. Glucose-6 phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency