491. This index measure the change from month to month in the cost of a representative ‘basket’ of goods and services of the type bought by a typical household?
A. Laspeyres Price Index
B. Financial time Index
C. Paasche Price Index
D. Retail Price Index
492. The Laspeyres price index_____________?
A. Regards the base year quantities as fixed
B. Regards the base year price as fixed
C. Regards the current year quantities as fixed
D. non of these
493. The formula ∑pnqn/poqn x100 is used to calculate?
A. The Laspeyres price index
B. The Paasche price index
C. The Paasche quantity index
D. The Laspeyres quantity index
494. In a symmetrical distribution mean, median and mode, _________________?
C. Less than
495. The A.M. is greater than mode is equal to ______________?
496. Volume index in Marshall is _______________?
A. ∑pn(Po + Pn)/ ∑pn (Po + Pn)
B. ∑qn(qo + qn)/∑qn(po + pn) x100
C. ∑pn(qo + qn)/∑pn
D. ∑qn(Po + Pn)/ ∑qo (Po + Pn) x100
497. Base year quantities are used as weights in _______________?
A. Laspeyre’s index
B. Paasche’s index
C. Fisher’s index
D. None of these
498. Fisher’s ideal index number is also obtained by _______________?
A. Taking A.M. of Laspeyre’s and Paasche’s index
B. Taking G.M. of Laspeyre’s and Paasche’s index
C. Both (a) and (b)
D. None of these
499. An index number is used______________?
A. To measure changes in quantity
B. To measure changes in price
C. To measure changes in a variable over time
D. To measure changes in demand
500. A simple aggregate quantity index is used to______________?
A. Measure the change in quantity of product
B. Measure the overall change in price of a range of products
C. Measure the overall change in quantity of range of product.
D. Measure the change in price of a product
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.