Statistics is a section of mathematics that manages the collection, interpretation, analysis and presentation of different numerical data. In other words, Statistics is a collection of quantitative data. Academic task offering 2000+ Statistics MCQs for the preparation of different schools, colleges, and universities examinations to get good marks. Solved statistics question and answer cover multiple topics such as basic statistics mcqs, sampling mcqs, probability mcqs, Probability distributions, correlation and regression analysis, sampling distributions Techniques, statistical inference, time-series analysis, data presentation mcqs, statistical software mcqs, index numbers mcqs, design of experiments mcqs, statistical quality control, random variables mcqs, Non-Parametric statistics mcqs – and much more. These statistic multiple choice questions are also helpful for the preparation of various interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and jobs like PPSC Statistics Lecturer’s jobs, Statistical Officers, Data Entry Operator, etc. for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Agriculture here.
211. The collection of one or more outcomes from an experiment is called:__________________?
C. Random Variable
E. Random Experiment
212. Which of the following is not an example of a discrete probability distribution ?
A. The sale or purchase price of a house
B. The number of bedrooms in a house
C. Whether or no t a home has a swimming pool in it.
D. Non of these
213. A subset of the sample space is called _________________?
A. Sample point
214. Two event are said to be equally likely is ______________?
A. As any other
B. both event occurs
C. One occurs
D. not both occurs
215. A set of events is said to be independent if probability of head on tossing a coin is _______________?
216. A listing of the possible outcomes of an experiment and their corresponding probability is called:______________?
A. Random Variable
B. Contingency table
C. Bayesian table
D. Probability distribution
E. Frequency distribution
217. In which approach to probability the outcomes are equally likely to occur ?
A. Classical Probability
B. Subjective Probability
C. Relative Frequency
218. If a card is chosen from a standard deck of cards, what is the probability of getting a five or a seven ?
219. The joint probability is _______________?
A. The likelihood of two events happening together
B. The likelihood of two events happening given that another event has already ha
C. Based on two mutually exclusive events
D. Also called Prior probability
220. In special rule of addition of probability, the events are Always:_______________?
A. Independent events
B. Mutually Exclusive events