Statistics is a section of mathematics that manages the collection, interpretation, analysis and presentation of different numerical data. In other words, Statistics is a collection of quantitative data. Academic task offering 2000+ Statistics MCQs for the preparation of different schools, colleges, and universities examinations to get good marks. Solved statistics question and answer cover multiple topics such as basic statistics mcqs, sampling mcqs, probability mcqs, Probability distributions, correlation and regression analysis, sampling distributions Techniques, statistical inference, time-series analysis, data presentation mcqs, statistical software mcqs, index numbers mcqs, design of experiments mcqs, statistical quality control, random variables mcqs, Non-Parametric statistics mcqs – and much more. These statistic multiple choice questions are also helpful for the preparation of various interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and jobs like PPSC Statistics Lecturer’s jobs, Statistical Officers, Data Entry Operator, etc. for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Agriculture here.
281. A sample estimate is used to describe a characteristic of a_____________?
282. Which of the following is impossible in sampling ?
A. Destructive tests
B. Heterogeneous data
C. To make voters lists
D. None of these
283. For making voters lists in Pakistan we need _______________?
A. Simple random sampling
B. Systematic sampling
C. Quota sampling
284. If in a sampling distribution of X the sample size is 25, what assumption must hold for the sampling distribution of X to be normal ?
A. Population distribution is normal
B. μ1 = μx
C. Population distribution is uniform
D. σx = σx /√n
285. Non-sample errors are reduced by:________________?
A. Increasing the sample size
B. Reduced the amount of data
C. Decreasing the sample standard deviation
D. None of these
286. In w.o.r 2σx=_____________________?
A. 26/√n√N – n/N – 1
B. σ/√n√N – n/N – 1
C. 26/√n N – n/N – 1
287. The difference between statistics and parameter is called:______________?
C. Sampling error
D. both (a) and (b)
288. Random samples of size 17 are from a population that has 200 elements, a mean of 36, and a standard deviation of 8. which of the following best describes the from of the sampling distribution of the sample mean for this situation ?
A. Approximately normal because the sample size is small relative to the population size
B. Approximately normal because of the central limit theorem
D. None of these alternatives is correct
289. A sample of 24 observations is taken from a population that has 150 elements. The sampling distribution of is___________?
A. Approximately normal because is always approximately normally distributed
B. Approximately normal because the sample size is large in comparsion to the population size
C. Approximately normal because of the central limit theorem
D. Normal if the population is normally distributed
290. The sampling error is the_____________?
A. Same as the standard error of the mean
B. Difference between the value of the sample mean and the value of the population mean
C. Error caused by selecting a bad sample
D. Standard deviation multiplied by the sample size
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.