761. The value of β2 can be:
A.Less than 3
B.Greater than 3
C.Equal to 3
D.All of the above
762. The degree to which numerical data tend to spread about an average value called:
763. Given below the four sets of observations. Which set has the minimum variation?
A.46, 48, 50, 52, 54
B.30, 40, 50, 60, 70
C.40, 50, 60, 70, 80
D.48, 49, 50, 51, 52
764. The range of the values -5, -8, -10, 0, 6, 10 is:
765. The mean deviation is minimum when deviations are taken from:
766. The sum of squares of the deviations is minimum, when deviations are taken from:
767. The value of standard deviation changes by a change of:
768. For two independent variables X and Y if S.D(X) = 1 and S.D(Y) = 3, then Var(3X – Y) is equal to:
769. Which of the following statements is false?
A.The standard deviation is independent of change of origin
B.If the moment coefficient of kurtosis β2 = 3, the distribution is mesokurtic or normal.
C.If the frequency curve has the same shape on both sides of the centre line which divides the curve into two equal parts, is called a symmetrical distribution.
D.Variance of the sum or difference of any two variables is equal to the sum of their respective variances
770. The mean of an examination is 69, the median is 68, the mode is 67, and the standard deviation is 3. The measures of variation for this examination is: