Statistics is a section of mathematics that manages the collection, interpretation, analysis and presentation of different numerical data. In other words, Statistics is a collection of quantitative data. Academic task offering 2000+ Statistics MCQs for the preparation of different schools, colleges, and universities examinations to get good marks. Solved statistics question and answer cover multiple topics such as basic statistics mcqs, sampling mcqs, probability mcqs, Probability distributions, correlation and regression analysis, sampling distributions Techniques, statistical inference, time-series analysis, data presentation mcqs, statistical software mcqs, index numbers mcqs, design of experiments mcqs, statistical quality control, random variables mcqs, Non-Parametric statistics mcqs – and much more. These statistic multiple choice questions are also helpful for the preparation of various interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and jobs like PPSC Statistics Lecturer’s jobs, Statistical Officers, Data Entry Operator, etc. for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Agriculture here.
321. The Mann-Whitney U test is preferred to a t-test when____________?
A. Sample are dependent
B. The assumption of normality is not met
C. Sample sizes are small
D. Data are paired
322. The sign test assumes that the_______________?
A. Samples are independent
B. Samples have same mean
C. Sample are dependent
D. The Wilcoxon Signed Rank test is used
323Three brands of coffee are rated for tasted on a scale of 1 to 10. Six persons are asked to rate each brand so that there is a total of 18 observations.The appropriate test to tasted equally good is_____________?
A. One-way analysis of variance (ANOVA)
B. Spearman Rank difference
C. Wilcoxon Rank-Sum test
D. Kruskal-Wallis test
324. To perform a Runs test for randomness the data must be_______________?
A. Divided into at least two classifications
B. Divided into exactly two classifications
325. The Spearman Rank-Correlation test requires that the______________?
A. Data must be measured on the same scale
B. Data should be of ordinal scale at least
C. Data must be distribution at least approximately as a t-distribution
D. Data must be from two independent samples
326. Consistency of an estimator can be checked by comparing____________?
A. Standard Deviation
C. mean Square Error
327. Herbicide A has been used for years in order to kill a particular type of weed. An experiment is to be conducted in order to see whether a new herbicide, Herbicide B, is more effective than Herbicide A. Herbicide A will continue to be used unless there is sufficient evidence that Herbicide B is more effective. The alternative hypothesis in this problem is_____________?
A. Herbicide A is more effective than Herbicide B
B. Herbicide A is not more effective than Herbicide B
C. Herbicide B is more effective than Herbicide A
D. Herbicide B is not more effective than Herbicide A
328. Which of the following is an assumption underlying the use of the t-distribution ?
The sample are drawn from a normally distributed population.
A. The sample are drawn from a normally distributed population.
B. The variance of the population is known
C. All above
D. s (sample standard deviation) is an unbiased estimate of the population variance.
329. The t distribution are_____________?
B. None of these
C. Same as Normal Curve
330. Which of the following is a true statement for comparing the t distribution with standard normal ?
A. Greater the degree of freedom, the more the t-distribution resembles the standard normal distribution
B. The Normal Curve is symmetrical whereas the t-distribution are slightly skewed.
C. The proportion of area beyond a specific value of “t” is less than the proportion of normal curve
D. Non of these
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.