931. A binding price ceiling creates?
A. a shortage or a surplus depending on whether the price ceiling is set above or below the equilibrium price
B. a surplus
C. a shortage
D. an equilibrium
932. A price floor ?
A. always determines the price at which a good must be sold
B. sets a legal maximum on the price at which a good can be sold
C. is not a binding constraint if it is set above the equilibrium price
D. sets a legal minimum on the price at which a good can be sold
933. Which side of the market is more likely to lobby government for a price floor ?
A. the buyers
B. Neither buyers nor sellers desire a price floor.
C. the sellers
D. Both buyers and sellers desire a price floor.
934. Which of the following is an example of price floor ?
A. the minimum wage
B. rent controls
C. restricting petrol prices to Rs100 per litre when the equilibrium price is Rs150 per litre
D. All of these answers are price floors
935. Which of the following workers would be most likely to find it more difficult to get a job after a rise in the minimum wage rate?
A. a teenage worker with few qualifications.
B. A manual worker with fifteen years of work experience
C. A professional worker with university degree.
D. All there are equally likely to find it difficult to get a job
936. Within the supply and demand model, a tax collected from the sellers of a good shift the ?
A. demand curve downward by the size of the tax per unit.
B. supply curve downward by the size of the tax per unit
C. demand curve upward by the size of the tax per unit.
D. supply curve upward by the size of the tax per unit
937. Trade diversion takes place when ?
A. a country moves from autarky to free trade
B. a movement to a customs union reduces the costs of trade through standardization economic integration results in a
C. economic integration results in a movement in product origin to a lower cost member country
D. economic integration results in a shift in product origin from a lower-cost, nonmember country to a member country having higher costs
938. If A imposes a per unit tariff of $10 on imports from both B and C A will import ?
A. 400 units from B
B. 200 units from C
C. 200 units from each
D. 400 units from B and 200 units from C
939. If A forms a customs union with C, the value of trade diversion will be ?
940. ________ is said to exist when the formation of a regional trading group leads to the reduction of trade with nonmember countries in favor of member countries ?
A. trade creation
B. trade diversion
C. trade exclusion
D. trade distortion