271. The market system consists of planning by__________________?
272. In contemporary market systems competition____________________?
A. is quite strong
B. is diluted by private and state monopolies
C. does not exist
D. has been replaced by planning
273. The Protestant Ethic supported capitalism through the religious doctrine that praised_________________?
A. hard work and thrift
C. turning the other cheek
D. buying indulgences
274. With the shift from family capitalism to industrial capitalism the important unit became the_______________?
275. Political parties link_____________?
A. PACs to Congress
B. heterogeneous groups to coalitions
C. extremists to government
D. all of the above
276. The Democrats lost the presidential elections in 1984 and 1988 because of______________?
A. split ticket voting
B. huge political gaffes
C. loss of direct contact with the electorate
D. running the wrong candidates
277. “Hard “money is_________________?
A. money actually tendered to campaigns
B. cash rather than checks or notes
C. money given during the campaign
D. none of the above
278. The transitional period between the dominance of one party or another is called_______________?
279. Whenever a third party becomes significant its platform _______________ ?
A. is rejected by the two main parties
B. is integrated into the platforms of the two main parties
C. is declared unconstitutional
D. becomes a social movement
280. Corporations and labor unions_____________?
A. cannot contribute to congressional candidates
B. may establish their own PACs
C. may use union or corporate funds to administer PACs
D. can give soft money to a national party for state and local campaigns
E. all of the above