201. A condition of normlessness and separation from legitimate modes of behavior is termed___________?
202. Which of the following is a social order crime?
A. Premeditated murder
C. Public drunkenness
203. Which of the following is an example of a sociological theory of deviant behavior ?
A. Freud,s theory that anatomy is destiny
B. Mead,s theory of inherited criminality
C. Cooley,s theory of original sin
D. None of the above
204. Primary deviance______________?
A. is deviance of which we are all guilty at one time or another
B. occurs when deviants accept the label
C. is a more serious offense than secondary deviance
D. is the first deviant act ever discovered
205. Psychosomatic illness entails____________?
A. anxiety or emotional tension producing physical symptoms
B. purely imaginary physical problems
C. bodily ailments creating mental disorder
D. all of the above
206. A form of treatment for severe mental disorders that has been largely abandoned is_____________?
D. electroconvulsive shock therapy
207. Another name for cultural transmission theory is______________?
B. labeling theory
D. differential association theory
208. Secondary deviance does not occur unless people_______________?
A. reject deviant labels
B. accept deviant labels and eliminate the behavior in
C. reject the deviant labels but maintain the behavior in
D. accept the deviant labels and maintain the behavior in
209. Embezzlement and fraud are two examples of_________________?
A. white collar crime
B. crimes against persons
C. organized crime
D. property crimes
210. Among the causes of violence the most probable is/are___________________?
A. a shocking decline in moral standards
B. a street ethic that requires young men to commit murder to prove their manhood
C. violence presented as entertainment by the media
D. poverty drugs and hopelessness