511. What percentage of the earth’s people live in low-income areas ?
512. What is the Phillips curve ?
A. a reference to a government economist favoring high taxes
B. a special kind of screw driver that reflects the functioning of the economy
C. a graphic representation of conflict between full employment and inflation
D. a deflationary curve
513. Which perspective looks at the world-wide context and emphasizes economic factors ?
514. Which of the following is NOT a predominant goal of American society ?
A. a desirable mix of windfall profits
B. a leisure-based society
C. spectacular growth
D. none of the above are dominant goals
515. NAFTA binds which three countries into a single commercial entity ?
A. Mexico Panama Costa Rica
B. United States Canada Puerto Rico
C. United States Canada Mexico
D. United States Cuba Mexico
516. What kind of a system is the economic institution ?
A. Cultural and social
B. Religious and educational
C. Semantic and semitic
D. Typically, American
517. A member of a Navajo tribe can graze his sheep on clan land but he cannot sell it Navajo land is what kind of property ?
518. The current transitional period in which there is uncertainty as to what will happen to political parties is termed ?
519. What does one call property owned by the state in the name of the people ?
C. common law
520. In industrial societies consumption ?
A. must always be limited
B. maintains and fuels demand
C. is not a factor
D. is viewed unfavorably