461. A researcher will settle for pinpointing a correlation when ?
A. a causal relationship is of no consequence
B. a causal relationship is difficult to prove
C. variables are vaguely defined
D. research monies are not forthcoming
462. Repeating a research project called ?
463. Anthropologists have developed ?
A. laws governing ancient societies
B. a number of theories
C. methods of explaining human behavior
D. none of the above
464. The discipline that studies such disparate subjects as the environment religion politics criminality organization and so on is______________?
C. political science
465. Americans are likely to experience culture shock_______________?
A. every time a new administration comes into office
B. when they inadvertently see a pornographic movie
C. when they come in contact with an unfamiliar culture
D. when they witness atrocities committed in wars
466. Some American Indians cannot express the idea of time in their tribal languages This fact shows that_____________ ??
A. their culture is still at a primitive stage
B. they have not yet reached the industrial stage of evolution when time is money
C. like all lower-class persons they focus on the present
D. time is not an important value in their culture
467. Skepticism refers to________________?
468. The scientific method contains all but one of the following techniques ?
A. scientific observation
B. systematic collection of data
C. making data public
D. selecting data to prove a point
469. The study and comparative analysis of preliterate societies is one of the chief concerns of______________?
470. Scientific observation in the social sciences differs from that in the natural sciences because___________?
A. the social sciences deal with the behavior of people
B. the social sciences deal with the extraterrestrial
C. the social sciences have developed concrete laws of behavior while the natural sciences have only theories
D. people behavior is predictable while the behavior of inanimate objects is not