821. For laminar flow of Newtonian fluids through a circular pipe, for a given pressure drop and length & diameter of pipe, the velocity of fluid is proportional to (where, μ = fluid viscosity ) ?
822. Pumping of a corrosive liquid is generally preferred to be done by a ______________ pump, as it can be made of a variety of materials including plastics?
C. Positive displacement
823. The line traced by a single fluid particle as it moves over a period of time is called ______________ line?
D. None of these
824. Pressure drop in a packed bed for laminar flow is given by the ______________ equation?
D. Fanning friction factor
825. Which of the following is used for pumping crude oil from oil well ?
A. Single stage centrifugal pump
B. Gear pump
C. Screw pump
D. Duplex/triplex reciprocating pump
826. Hydraulic diameter for non-circular ducts is equal to ___________ times the area of flow divided by the perimeter?
828. A hydraulic press has a ram of 10 cms in diameter and a plunger of 1 cm in diameter. The force required on the plunger to raise a weight of 10 tons on the ram is _____________ kg?
829. A centrifugal pump has the following specifications: Power = 4 H.P.; Speed = 800 rpm Head = 8 metres Flow = 1000 litres/minutes. If its speed is halved, the power consumed now will be _____________ hp?
830. A rectangular surface 3′ × 4′, has the lower 3 edge horizontal and 6′ below a free oil surface (sp. gr. 0.8). The surface inclination is 300 with the horizontal. The force on one side of the surface is (where, y = specific weight of water) ?
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.