MCQs is one of the best ways to test a student’s comprehension of a concept. Academic Task subject experts have prepared these Chemical Engineering Question and Answers MCQs based on current trends and practices. These Chemical Engineering MCQs with answers cover all areas of Chemical Engineering. Furthermore, it will be beneficial for competitive examinations and tests (PPSC Test, FPSC Test
1.The only suitable method for hardening the low carbon steel is case hardening. Which of the following is a case hardening process ?
D. None of these
2. Filler material used in welding should have _________________ as compared to the parent metal to be welded ?
A. Lower melting temperature
B. Same melting temperature
C. Same composition
D. Both ‘B’ & ‘C’
3. Satellites burn off during re-entry to earth’s atmosphere, because of the ____________________?
A. Combustion with air
B. Gravitational pull by earth
C. Friction with earth’s atmosphere
D. Loss in weight of the satellite
4. About _________________ ton of coke is required in a cupola to produce one ton of casting ?
5. Joining of thin foils is preferred to be done by _____________________?
A. Gamma rays
D. Gas welding
6. Laser welding is widely employed in the __________________ industries ?
7. Which of the following test is used for distinguishing among dry oils, semi-drying oils and non drying oils ?
A. Elaiden test
B. Reichert-Meissl value test
C. Hunter value test
D. Iodine value test
8. The temperature at which the magnetic property of iron disappears (i.e., it becomes nonmagnetic) and its electrical conductivity & specific heat also changes, is called the ‘Curie point’, which is ________________ °C ?
9. Referring to the periodic table of elements, it is found that with increasing atomic number. The atomic size in the same___________________?
A. Period increases
B. Period decreases
C. Group increases
D. Both ‘B’ & ‘C’
10. With increase in temperature, the electrical conductivity of semiconductors_____________________?
C. Remain constant
D. Either A. or B. depends on the type of semi-conductor
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.