101. Normalising does not ______________________ of a metal ?
A. Improve machinability & tensile strength
B. Remove internal stresses
C. Refine the structure
D. Remove strains caused by cold working
102. Material of construction of the electrode used in the electric resistance welding is___________________?
A. Stainless steel
103. Which of the following is an ore dressing operation ?
D. None of these
104. Shampoos are commercially not available in the form of ___________________?
B. Gaseous mixture
105. In multipass welds, shot peening is done after each pass to__________________?
A. Close the surface porosity
B. Break the continuity of columnar grains
C. Flatten the weldment
D. Introduce texture in the weld
106. Pick out the correct combination about the role of various additives used in polymers ?
A. Plasticiser: increases the polymer strength
B. Heat stabiliser: increases the maximum service temperature
C. Fillers: Does not affect the property of polymer but increases its weight
D. Lubricants: increases the flexibility of polymers
107. Which of the following is not used as a bearing material ?
A. Copper-lead alloys
108. The malleability of a material is the property by virtue of which it can be rolled or hammered into thin sheets. Which of the following materials has the maximum malleability ?
D. Wrought iron
109. Oxide layer formed on the non-ferrous metal surface after its annealing is__________________?
A. Removed by acid pickling
B. Hammered into the surface
C. Removed with coarse emery cloth
D. Left as such to protect the surface
110. Case hardening is not done by________________?
B. Hot dipping
D. Both ‘B’ & ‘C’