991. Which of the following adsorbent is used to decolourise yellow glycerine ?
A. Silica gel
C. Fuller’s earth
D. Activated carbon
992. Binary distillation involves the mass transfer by ______________________ at the gas-liquid interface?
A. Unidirectional diffusion from liquid to gas phase
B. Unidirectional diffusion from gas to liquid phase
C. Either A. or B.
D. A counter diffusion at an almost equal molar rate
993. Milk is dried usually in a __________________ dryer?
994. Which of the following is a suitable absorbent for removal of H2S from natural gas ?
A. Vetrocoke solution
B. Monoethanolamine (MEA)
D. Hot water
995. Components, having widely different boiling point in a binary mixture, can be separated using ________________ distillation?
996. _____________ is used as a catalyst in fat splitting ?
997. ______________ is produced using molasses as the starting raw material ?
A. Methyl alcohol
B. Ethyl alcohol
D. Dimethyl ether
998. Production of alcohol by fermentation of molasses is a/an _____________ process?
D. Both B. and C.
999. Which of the following is not a food additive ?
A. Citric acid
C. Benzoyl peroxide
D. Ammonium chloride
1000. Which form of sulphur is the most stable at room temperature ?
D. Flowers of Sulphur