511. Newtons law of viscosity states that for a given rate of angular deformation of fluid.
A. the shear stress is directly proportional to the viscosity
B. the shear stress is inversely proportional to the viscosity
C. the shear stress is independent of the viscosity
D. the shear stress is directly proportional to the square of viscosity
512. The resistance of a fluid to shear depends
A. upon cohesion only
B. upon its rate of transfer of molecular momentum only
C. upon its cohesion and rate of transfer of molecular momentum
D. upon other factors than its cohesion and rate of transfer of moleular momentum.
513. Which of the following material of construction may be recommended by a chemical engineer for handling a gaseous chlorine (dry or wet) stream in a fluid flow system ?
A. High silicon iron, silicon rubber, Kel-F and Teflon
B. Mild steel and stainless steel
C. Cast iron, tin and aluminium
D. Copper, nickel and Monel
514. Beehive coke ovens are made of ________________ bricks?
C. Silicon carbide
515. _____________ of a material results, when its strength is increased & ductility is decreased by heating at a relatively lower temperature after cold working?
A. Solid solution hardening
B. Screw dislocation
C. Strain ageing
516. Presence of nitrogen in steel___________________?
A. Makes it brittle
B. Increases its strength
C. Increases its hardness
D. Is desirable
517. Among the tin containing alloys, ______________ consumes the maximum amount of tin?
B. White metal
C. Pewter metal
518. Polymerisation reactor used in the production of styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) is made of__________________?
A. Stainless steel or glass lined steel
B. Nickel clad steel
C. High silicon cast iron
519. Which of the following finds the least commercial use ?
A. Pure iron
B. High silicon iron
C. Low carbon steel
D. High carbon steel
520. German silver is an alloy of copper, nickel and________________?
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.