561. Bell metal is an alloy of __________________?
A. Copper & zinc
B. Copper & tin
C. Copper & nickel
D. Zinc & tin
562. The specific gravity of coal depends mainly on its ______________ content?
B. Volatile matter
563. Which of the following is the main constituent of the mother liquor produced in salt industry ?
A. Quick lime
B. Glauber’s salt
C. Salt petre
564. Bog iron used for the adsorption of H2S from coke oven gas is___________________?
A. An intimate mixture of saw dust and iron dust (i.e. moist ferric hydroxide)
B. Iron impregnated with resin (usually Bakelite)
C. Carbon free iron
D. None of these
565. To improve the machinability of steel by its softening, it is subjected to __________________?
A. Cold working
C. Shot blasting
566. With increase in the carbon percentage in the steel, its__________________?
A. Hardness increases
B. Ductility reduces
C. Tensile strength increases
D. All A., B. and C.
567. Bearings subjected to light load are made of________________?
A. White metal
B. Phosphorous bronze
D. Silicon bronze
568. Addition of lead, sulphur and phosphorus to low carbon steel helps in improving its__________________?
A. Corrosion resistance
B. Tensile strength
D. Compressive strength
569. In SO3 absorber (Contact Process), packing material used is of________________?
A. Cast iron
B. Chemical stoneware
D. Mild steel
570. __________________ does not contain copper as an alloying element?
D. Monel metal
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.