491. Very high sulphur in pig iron makes ___________________?
A. Its casting unsound
B. Its hard and machinable
C. Its brittle and malleable
D. All A., B. & C.
492. The material of construction of bearings is__________________?
A. Cast iron
B. Babbitt metal
C. Pig iron
493. Duriron is__________________?
A. Acid resistant, brittle and very hard
B. High silicon iron
C. Prone to breakage due to thermal expansion because of its very high co-efficient of thermal
D. All A., B. and C.
494. Biological shield in a nuclear power reactor is made of________________?
495. Combination of metals and ceramics are called___________________?
D. Non-crystalline ceramics
496. Dry chlorine can be handled in a vessel made of__________________?
A. Iron or steel
497. Vycor, a widely used material for making ‘thermal wells’ in temperature measurement, is a_______________?
C. Thermosetting plastic
D. Metallic alloy
498. Galvanising is generally done on___________________?
A. Non-ferrous metals
B. Low carbon steel
C. Stainless steel
D. Cast iron
499. Wrought iron is a suitable material of construction for handling _____________ solutions?
A. Dilute acidic
B. Concentrated acidic
C. Alkalis & alkaline
D. None of these
500. Anodic material used for the cathodic protection of underground buried steel pipeline is_________________?
A. Nickel or copper
B. Zinc or magnesium
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.