961. Which of the following will give maximum gas conversion ?
A. Fixed bed reactor
B. Fluidised bed reactor
C. Semi-fluidised bed reactor
D. Plug-flow catalytic reactor
962. A first order homogeneous reaction of the type X → Y → Z (consecutive reaction) is carried out in a CSTR. Which of the following curves respectively show the variation of the concentration of X, Y and Z with time ?
A. I, II, III
B. III, II, I
C. III, I, II
D. II, III, I
963. A non-catalytic chemical reaction of the type as shown in the bellow figure is called a _____________ reaction?
D. None of these
964. Bucket elevators are not suitable for the vertical lifting of __________ materials?
A. Fine (e.g. – 200 mesh size coal)
B. Sticky (e.g. clay paste)
C. Small lumpy (e.g. grains and sand)
D. Free flowing
965. A cottrell precipitator makes use of the ______________ for dusty air cleaning?
A. Electric spark
B. Corona discharge
C. Alternating current
D. None of these
967. Which of the following may prove unsuitable for filtering volatile liquids ?
A. Pressure filter
B. Gravity filter
C. Centrifugal filter
D. Vacuum filter
968. Wet grinding in a revolving mill ______________ as compared to dry grinding ?
A. Gives less wear on chamber walls
B. Requires more energy
C. Increases capacity
D. Complicates handling of the product
969. Which of the following is not a part of the Blake jaw crusher ?
B. Check plates
970. Sphericity is the ratio of the surface area of a spherical particle having the same volume as the particle to the surface area of the particle. Which of the following has the maximum value of sphericity ?
C. Cylinder (L/D = 1)
D. Raschig rings
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.