881. The energy loss in flow through Venturimeter is less than that through flow nozzle, because in case of a flow nozzle, the ?
A. Length is shorter
B. Throat diameter is more
C. Sudden expansion of flow in the downstream occurs
D. Distance between the throat and the inlet is more
882. Which of the following equations applies to the fluid flow through a packed bed for very large Reynolds number ?
A. Fanning equation
B. Blake-Plummer equation
C. Hagen-Poiseuille equation
D. Kozeny-Carman equation
883. Identification of pipelines carrying different liquids and gases is done by the ____________ of the pipe?
D. None of these
884. Which of the following is not a dimension-less parameter ?
B. Froude number
C. Kinematic viscosity
D. Weber number
885. Pressure co-efficient is the ratio of pressure forces to __________________________ forces?
D. None of these
886. Select the correct practical example of steady non-uniform flow?
A. Motion of water around a ship in a lake
B. Motion of river around bridge piers
C. Steadily decreasing flow through a reducing section
D. Steadily increasing flow through a pipe
888. Choose the set of pressure intensities that are equivalent ?
A. 4.33 psi, 10 ft. of water, 8.83 inches of Hg
B. 4.33 psi, 10 ft. of water, 20.7 inches of Hg
C. 10 psi, 19.7 ft. of water, 23.3 inches of Hg
D. 10 psi, 19.7 ft. of water, 5.3 inches of Hg
889. Velocity head on sudden enlargement in a horizontal pipe is converted into ______________ head?
C. Both A. & B.
D. Neither A. nor B.
890. Transition length for turbulent flow in smooth pipe is equal to _____________ times the pipe diameter?
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.