591. Lenz’s law results from the law of conservation of___________________?
D. None of these
592. Which of the following units is not present in both the vapor compression refrigeration system and absorption refrigeration system ?
A. Expansion valve
593. One ton of refrigeration capacity is equivalent to the heat removal rate of____________________?
A. 50 kcal/hr
B. 200 BTU/hr
C. 200 BTU/minute
D. 200 BTU/day
594. Entropy, which is a measure of the disorder of a system, is__________________?
A. Independent of pressure
B. Independent of temperature
C. Zero at absolute zero temperature for a perfect crystalline substance
D. All A, B. & C
595. A refrigerator works on the principle of _____________ law of thermodynamics?
596. Gibbs free energy (G) is represented by, G = H – TS, whereas Helmholtz free energy, A. is given by, A = E – TS. Which of the following is the Gibbs-Helmholtz equation ?
A. [∂(G/T)/∂T] = – (H/T2)
B. [∂(A/T)/∂T]V = – E/T2
C. Both A. and B.
D. Neither A. nor B.
597. The hydraulic radius for flow in a rectangular duct of cross-sectional dimension H, W is___________________?
B. HW/2 (H + W)2
C. HW/4 (H + W)2
D. 2HW/(H + W)
598. When the head pumped against is less than the head of the fluid used for pumping, the usual device is a/an______________________?
599. Buckingham-π theorem states that in any physical problem including ‘n’ quantities having ‘m’ dimensions, the quantities can be arranged into _____________ independent dimensionless parameters?
600. A globe valve is the most suitable for applications, in which____________________?
A. Fluid flow control is required
B. Fluid contains dispersed solid particles
C. Valve is required to be either fully open or fully closed
D. One way flow is required
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.