111. Colour comparator is used to measure the___________________?
A. pH value
B. Electrode potential
C. Colour intensity
D. None of these
112. A reduction in thermal resistance during heat transfer does not occur in the___________________?
A. Convection heat transfer by stirring the fluid and cleaning the heating surface
B. Conduction heat transfer by reduction in the material thickness and increase in the thermal
C. Radiation heat transfer by increasing the temperature and reducing the emissivity
D. None of these
113. Plastics as a material of construction suffer from the drawback of low_________________?
D. Plastic deformation
114. The thickness of oxide film is y at time t. If K1, K2 and K3 are the temperature dependent constants, the parabolic law of oxidation is given by __________________?
A. y2 = 2k1t + k2
B. y = k1 ln (k2t + k3)
C. y = k1 t + k2
D. y = k1t3 + k2
115. Biological shield in a nuclear reactor is generally provided to protect against the__________________?
C. Gamma rays & neutrons
116. Upto the critical radius of insulation, added insulation, will____________________?
A. Increase the heat loss
B. Decrease heat loss and will have no effect beyond that
C. Decrease heat flux
D. Reduce convection heat loss compared to conduction heat less
117. Chlorine acts as a bleaching agent only in the presence of ______________________?
A. Dry air
B. Pure oxygen
118. Powder metallurgy technique is used in the production of ____________________ tools ?
A. Tungsten carbide
B. High carbon steel
C. High speed steel
119. Rain drops falling through atmospheric air attain limited terminal velocity, because of ____________________?
A. Upward thrust due to air
B. Viscous force exerted by air
C. Surface tension effects of water
D. Force of gravity
120. Volume of blast furnace slag is about _______________ times the volume of hot metal (pig iron) of the same weight ?