661. High specific speed of a pump implies that, it is a/an _____________ pump?
B. Mixed flow
C. Axial flow
D. None of these
662. Velocity of liquid hydrocarbon fuels in a pipeline cannot be measured by magnetic flowmeters, because their ______________ is very low/small?
A. Thermal conductivity
B. Electrical conductivity
C. Specific gravity
D. Electrical resistivity
663. The friction factor is___________________?
A. Always inversely proportional to the Reynolds number
B. Not dimensionless
C. Not dependent on the roughness of the pipe
D. None of these
664. _____chart is a graph related to Antoine equation ?
665. With a constant diameter impeller of a centrifugal pump _____________________?
A. Its capacity varies directly as the square of speed
B. Head varies as the square of speed
C. Horsepower input varies as the square of speed
D. Head varies as the speed
666. Which of the following is an undesirable property of a manometric liquid ?
A. Non-sticky & non-corrosive nature
B. High vapour pressure
C. Low viscosity & surface tension
D. Low co-efficient of thermal expansion
667. In Newton’s law range, the terminal velocity of a solid spherical particle falling through a stationary fluid mass varies as the ______________ of its diameter?
B. Square root
C. Second power
D. First power
668. The general relationship between speed N, head H, power P and discharge Q for a centrifugal pump is_________________?
A. Q∝N : H∝N2 : P∝N3
B. Q∝N2 : H∝N3 : P∝N
C. Q∝N : H∝N3 : P∝N2
D. Q∝N3 : H∝N : P∝N2
669. A bed consists of particles of density 2000 kg/m3. If the height of the bed is 1.5 metres and its porosity 0.6, the pressure drop required to fluidise the bed by air is_________________?
A. 25.61 kPa
B. 11.77 kPa
C. 14.86 kPa
D. 21.13 kPa
670. Efficiency of power transmission (ε) through a circular pipe is given by (ht – hf)/ht, which has a maximum value of _____________ percent?
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.