701. ____________ is used for measuring the static pressure exerted on the wall by a fluid flowing parallel to the wall in a pipeline?
B. Pressure gauge
C. Pitot tube
702. What is the value of co-efficient of discharge for square edged circular orifice (for β = 0.3 to 0.5) ?
A. 0.61 – 0.63
B. 0.5 – 0.75
C. 0.75 – 0.90
D. 0.35 – 0.55
703. When larger particles e.g., grains are subjected to fluidisation, the corresponding bed produced is termed as the _______________ bed?
704. _____________ forces act on a particle moving through a stationary fluid?
D. All A., B., & C.
705. The simple Pitot tube measures the _______________ pressure?
D. None of these
706. Fanning equation is given by (ΔP/ρ) = 4f (L/D) (v2/2gc). It is applicable to _____________ region flow?
D. Both B. and C.
707. If the head over the triangular notch is doubled, the discharge will increase by ______________ times?
708. The ratio of inertial forces to gravity forces is called the ______________ number?
709. Boiler feed water pump is usually a ______________ pump?
C. Multistage centrifugal
710. The rate of change of moment of momentum represents the ______________ by the fluid?
A. Torque applied
B. Force exerted
C. Work done
D. Power developed
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.