621. Which of the following produces maximum pressure difference for transportation of gases ?
A. Vacuum pumps
622. Pressure difference between two points in vessels, pipelines or in two different pipelines can be measured by a differential manometer. The pressure difference measured as the mm of water column in case of mercury-water, differential manometer is equal to (where, H = difference in height of mercury column in mm)?
B. 12.6 H
C. 13.6 H
D. 14.6 H
623. The head loss in turbulent flow in a pipe varies_________________?
A. Directly as the velocity
B. Inversely as the square of the velocity
C. Approximately as the square of the velocity
D. Inversely as the square of the diameter
624. Navier-Stokes equation is useful in the analysis of _____________ fluid flow problems?
625. A pipe has a porous section of length L as shown in the figure. Velocity at the start of this section of V0. If fluid leaks into the pipe through the porous section at a volumetric rate per unit area q(x/L)2, what will be axial velocity in the pipe at any „x‟? Assume incompressible one dimensional flow i.e., no gradients in the radial direction ?
A. VX = V0 + q (x3/L2D)
B. VX = V0 + ⅓q (x3/L2)
C. VX = V0 + 2q (x2/LD)
D. VX = V0 + (4/3) q (x3/L2D)
626. A fluid which has a linear relationship between the magnitude of applied shear-stress and the resulting rate of deformation is called a/an _____________ fluid?
627. Venturimeter and orificemeter measures the _____________ of the fluid?
B. Maximum velocity
C. Average velocity
D. Point velocity
628. Which of the following valves will incur maximum pressure drop for the same discharge of water ?
A. Globe valve
B. Gate valve
C. Needle valve
D. Butterfly valve
629. At low Reynolds number______________?
A. Viscous forces are unimportant
B. Viscous forces control
C. Viscous forces control and inertial forces are unimportant
D. Gravity forces control
630. Transition from laminar flow to turbulent flow is aided by the__________________?
A. Surface roughness and curvature (i.e. sharp corners)
C. Pressure gradient and the compressibility of the flowing medium
D. All A., B. & C.
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.