MCQs is one of the best ways to test a student’s comprehension of a concept. Academic Task subject experts have prepared these Chemical Engineering Question and Answers MCQs based on current trends and practices. These Chemical Engineering MCQs with answers cover all areas of Chemical Engineering. Furthermore, it will be beneficial for competitive examinations and tests (PPSC Test, FPSC Test
81. Leakage in a cooking gas cylinder is detected by___________________?
B. Pouring soap solution on the surface and locating the gas bubbles
C. Halide torch
D. Pungent smell of mercaptans present in the gas
82. Out of the following, the alloy which has equal percentage of constituents, is__________________?
A. White metal
B. Gun metal
83. The _________________ of a double acting reciprocating pump as compared to the single acting pump will be almost double ?
A. Flow output
B. Head developed
C. Overall efficiency
84. Which of the following is an example of cathodic protection of metals against corrosion ?
A. Painted steel
B. Galvanised iron
C. Case hardened steel
D. Lead lined reactor
85. Propulsion of rocket follows from the_________________?
A. Newton’s second law of motion
B. Newton’s third law of motion
C. Law of projectiles
D. Archimedes principle
86. Consider the equilibrium A(g) + B(g) = AB(g). When the partial pressure of A is 10-2 atm, the partial pressure of B is 10-3 atm and the partial pressure of AB is 1 atm, the equilibrium constant ‘K’ is____________________?
A. 10 atm-1
B. 105 atm-1
C. 10 (dimensionless)
D. 105 (dimensionless)
87. Tesla metre per ampere (T. m/A) is the unit for the measurement of_______________?
A. Magnetic susceptibility
B. Magnetic moment
C. Permeability of free space
D. Flux density
88. The joint for soldering is supported by binding wire made of ____________________?
A. Mild steel
C. Soft iron
D. Stainless steel
89. The bolt is subjected to _______________ when the nut is tightened by putting the washer beneath it?
D. Bending & tension
90. Which of the following is not a characteristic observed in material failure by fatigue fracture ?
A. Plastic deformation of material does not occur
B. Initiation of crack from below the surface does not occur
C. Initiation of crack occurs on the surface of the machine part
D. Presence of both rough & smooth zone with conchoidal markings in smooth zone of the