891. The blades of a centrifugal impeller are said to be curved forward, if the ____________ of the motion of impeller blades?
A. Inlet tip of a blade curves in a direction opposite to that
B. Outlet tip of a blade curves in a direction opposite to that
C. Inlet tip of a blade is towards the direction
D. Outlet tip of a blade is towards the direction
892. A liquid is pumped at the rate of 600 litres using 1000 rpm. If the rpm is changed to 1100, the liquid pumped is _____________ litres?
893. Which of the following equations is valid for laminar flow of a fluid through packed bed ?
A. Fanning equation
B. Kozeny – Karman equation
C. Hagen-Poiseuille equation
D. Blake-Plummer equation
894. As per Newton’s law of viscosity, the shear stress for a given rate of angular deformation of fluid is proportional to (where, μ = fluid viscosity) ?
895. What is the ratio of displacement thickness to nominal thickness for a linear distribution of velocity in the boundary layer on a flat plate ?
896. In case of end to end connection of two or more pipes in series, the ______________ each pipe?
A. Same rate of flow passes through
B. Head loss is same through
C. Rate of flow in each pipe is proportional to the length of
D. Total flow rate is the sum of flow rate in
897. The energy loss over a length of pipeline according to Darcy-Weisbach equation for pipe flow is _______________ the mean velocity of flow?
A. Directly proportional to
B. Directly proportional to square of
C. Inversely proportional to
D. Inversely proportional to square of
898. With the increase in depth, the hydrostatic pressure in an un-accelerated incompressible fluid (in a constant gravitational field) ?
B. Increases linearly
C. Increases exponentially
D. Remain constant
899. Which of the following is used for very accurate measurement of flow of gas at low velocity ?
A. Pitot tube
C. Segmental orificemeter
D. Hot wire anemometer
900. Which law/principle of solid mechanics is similar/equivalent to Newton’s law of viscosity in fluid mechanics ?
A. Archimedes principle
B. Newton’s second law of motion
C. Hooke’s law
D. Newton’s third law of motion
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.