761. In case of a ____________ the energy of flow is considerably decreased downstream of the machine?
C. Centrifugal pump
D. Centrifugal fan
762. For an unstable equilibrium of a floating body (where, M = metacentre.) ?
A. M is above G
B. M is below G
C. M & G coincide
D. None of these
763. Steady fluid flow occurs, when the derivative of flow variables satisfy the following condition.
A. ∂/∂s = 0
B. ∂/∂t = 0
C. ∂/∂s = constant
D. ∂/∂t = constant
764. Which of the following has the minimum compressibility ?
A. Water at room temperature
B. Air at room temperature
C. Oxygen at room temperature
D. Nitrogen at room temperature
765. Power loss in an orificemeter is _____________ that in a Venturimeter?
A. Less than
B. Same as
C. More than
D. Data insufficient, cannot be predicted
766. The pitot static tube does not measure the _____________ pressure?
C. Difference in static & dynamic
D. All A., B. and C.
767. For Laminar flow through a packed bed, the pressure drop is proportional to (Vs is the superficial liquid velocity and Dp is the particle diameter) ?
768. What is the co-efficient of contraction, if a fluid jet discharging from a 50 mm diameter orifice has a 40 mm diameter at its vena-contracta ?
769. Gradually varied flow in open channel is a/an ____________ flow?
A. Steady uniform
B. Steady non-uniform
C. Unsteady uniform
D. Unsteady non-uniform
770. What is the ratio of fluid carrying capacity of two pipes having diameters d1 and d2 respectively ?
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.