551. Ferric stainless steels compared to austenitic stainless steels________________?
A. Have lower corrosion resistance
B. Are harder to fabricate
C. Are less ductile and hence less suitable for cold pressing
D. All A., B. and C.
552. The chlorinator used in the manufacture of DDT is made of___________________?
B. Glass lined steel
553. Hydrochloric acid is stored in a ________________vessel?
A. Lead lined steel
B. Rubber lined steel
C. Stainless steel
D. Cast iron
554. High speed cutting tool steels contain about _______________ percent of tungsten?
555. The high expansion metal normally used in the bimetallic thermometer is _______________ temperature measurement?
A. Brass for low
B. Nickel alloys for high
C. Both A. & B.
D. Aluminium for all
556. Mixing vessel used for the chlorination of methane to produce methyl chloride is made of___________________?
B. Cast iron
D. High carbon steel
557. Inconel is an alloy of_________________?
A. Tin, zinc and nickel
B. Iron, nickel and chromium
C. Copper and nickel
D. Copper and tin
558. Which one has the maximum tensile strength out of the following ?
A. Nodular cast iron
B. Pig iron
C. White cast iron
D. Grey cast iron
559. The increase in hardness of metal due to its cold working is termed as the _______________ hardening?
560. Mild steel storage vessels are suitable for the storage of___________________?
A. Anhydrous ammonia
B. Fatty acids
C. Hydrochloric acid (95%)
D. Sulphuric acid (25%)
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.