351. For separating small pieces of metal from engine oil of a car, the best separating technique is the _____________________ ?
D. Fractional distillation
352. In the formation of cermets, the ratio of ceramic material to metallic material is usually 80:20. Which of the following is a cermet ?
D. Tungsten carbide
353. In TIG welding, thoriated tungsten electrodes are used, because it ____________________
A. Has higher current carrying capacity
B. Has better electron emissivity
C. Is stronger than ordinary tungsten
D. Is easy to prepare
354. The expected efficiency of a single riveted lap joint is of the order of 50%. If the thickness of the plate is increased four times, then the rivet diameter will have to be increased ___________________ times ?
355. A highly elastic material is deformed least on loading and retains its original form on removal of the load. Which of the following is the most elastic material ?
356. The dimensional formula of bulk modulus of elasticity is same as that of the ____________________?
D. None of these
357. Working of linear variable differential transducer (LVDT) is based on the principle of variable_____________________?
C. Mutual inductance
D. None of these
358. A cylindrical rod subjected to a tensile strain within the elastic limit undergoes a volume change. If the volume strain is equal to half the tensile strain, then the Poisson’s ratio of the rod is___________________?
359. Which of the following metals is the most prone to work hardening ?
360. Wavelength of radiation emitted by a body depends on the ________________ of its surface?
D. All ‘A’, ‘B’ & ‘C’
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.