871. Which of the following conditions must be satisfied for lift force to be developed ?
A. The body should be bluff body
B. The body should be stream lined
C. Circulation around the body is essentially required
D. The main stream velocity must approach the velocity of sound in that fluid medium
872. Diaphragm valves are used for handling _______________ fluids?
D. Solid suspended
873. The fluid velocity varies as the square of the cylindrical pipe diameter, in case of steady state laminar flow at constant pressure drop, for ______________ fluid?
874. Which of the following flow measuring devices is an area meter ?
875. Potential function is applicable only for __________ flow?
D. None of these
876. The effect of solid boundary on the fluid flow is confined to the boundary layer, except for fluids ?
A. Having high viscosities
B. Moving at low velocities
C. Both A. & B.
D. Neither A. nor B.
877. The component of acceleration resulting due to unsteady nature of flow is called ____________ acceleration?
878. The percentage slip in a reciprocating pump set is given by the % of (where, Q1 = actual discharge Q2 = theoretical discharge) ?
C. (Q2 – Q1)/Q1
D. (Q2 – Q1)/Q2
879. For the same terminal conditions and fitting size, the least friction loss is incurred in a/an ?
C. 45° elbow
880. At what value of crank angle (roughly), no flow of water from or into the air vessel takes place in case of a double acting reciprocating pump ?
A. 40° and 140°
B. 45° and 60°
C. 90° and 80°
D. 20° and 120°
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.