741. A pitched-blade turbine draws ______________ a straight blade turbine?
A. Less power than
B. More power than
C. Same power as
D. Data insufficient to predict
742. Which of the fluid forces are not considered in the Reynold’s equation of flow ?
A. Viscous forces
B. Turbulent forces
C. Pressure forces
D. Compressibility forces
743. Rotary vacuum pumps can reduce the absolute pressure to as low as __________ mm Hg ?
744. A mono pump is a __________ pump ?
C. Positive acting rotary
D. A group of vacuum
745. For a given Reynold number as d/D for an orifice increases, Cd will (where, d & D are orifice & pipe diameters respectively)?
C. Remain constant
D. Either A. or B.; depends on other factors
746. Which of the following pipe bends will incur the largest head loss ?
B. 30° bend
C. 45° bend
D. 90° bend
747. Pick out the Hagen-Poiseuille‟s equation ?
A. Δp/ρ = 4f (L/D) (V2/2gc)
B. Δp = 32 (μLV/gc. D2)
C. Δp/L = 150 [(1 – ε)/ε3]. (μ.V0
D. Δp/L = 1.75 [(1 – ε)/ε3]. (ρV0
748. Which of the following quantities are computed by using the hydraulic radius for noncircular ducts ?
A. Velocity and relative roughness
B. Head loss and velocity
C. Reynold number, relative roughness and head loss
D. Reynolds number and friction factor
749. For pipe flows, head is proportional to __________ at constant capacity(where, D = pipe diameter) ?
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.