MCQs is one of the best ways to test a student’s comprehension of a concept. Academic Task subject experts have prepared these Chemical Engineering Question and Answers MCQs based on current trends and practices. These Chemical Engineering MCQs with answers cover all areas of Chemical Engineering. Furthermore, it will be beneficial for competitive examinations and tests (PPSC Test, FPSC Test
51. Maraging steels derive their strength from the following mechanism ?
A. A fine, highly dislocated and strong martensite
B. Fine dispersions of inter-metallic of Fe, Ni, Ti etc
C. Fine dispersions of alloy carbides in a ferrite matrix
D. Fine dispersions of Fe3 C nucleated on dislocations in austenite
52. In an eutectic system, two elements are completely____________________?
A. Soluble in solid state
B. Insoluble in liquid state
C. Insoluble in both solid & liquid state
D. Soluble in liquid state
53. Hot extrusion process is not used for making____________________?
A. Cast iron pipe for domestic water supply
B. Aluminium curtain rods
C. Stainless steel tubes used in furnitures
D. Any of these
54. Yield strength of a material is determined by the __________________ test?
55. Dryness factor of steam is defined as the ratio of the mass of vapor in the mixture to the mass of the mixture. Dryness factor of steam is measured by a _______________ calorimeter ?
56. _____________________ remains constant during the adiabatic cooling of moist air?
A. Wet bulb temperature
B. Dry bulb temperature
C. Relative humidity
D. Specific humidity
57. In chemical dehumidification process___________________?
A. Wet bulb temperature increases
B. Dry bulb temperature remains constant
C. Dew point temperature increases
D. Dry bulb temperature increases
58. The material used for coating the welding electrode is termed as the___________________?
C. Protective layer
59. FeO (s) + CO (g) = Fe (s) + CO2 (g), k = 0. 435 at 1173E; at equilibrium, what will be the number of moles of CO gas required to reduce one mole of FeO at 1173 K ?
60. A solution which resists change in its pH value on addition of acid/alkali is called the ____________________ solution?
D. Zero pH