791. Maximum theoretical suction lift for water at 15°C by a centrifugal pump is 34 ft. The same for water at 90°C will be _____________________ ft?
792. The terminal velocity of a particle moving through a fluid varies as dp n. The value of n is equal to _______________ in Stoke’s law regime?
793. Which is the correct relationship for a centrifugal pump? (Where, D = Impeller diameter, inches H = Head developed, ft of liquid pumped N = Speed of pump, rpm) ?
A. D = 1840 H0.5/N
B. D = 1840 N/H0.5
C. H = 1840 D0.5/N
D. D = 1840 H/N
794. Pump used for the transportation of molten sodium in a fast breader reactor is a/an __________ pump?
795. Medium viscosity lubricating oil can be most ideally pumped by a ______________ pump?
796. Remote control valve is a _______________ valve?
797. Most of the centrifugal pumps used in chemical plants are usually ____________________ driven?
B. Diesel engine
C. Electric motor
D. Gas turbine
798. The uniformity of a gas fluidised bed depends upon the _______________ of the solid particles?
B. Surface properties
C. Both A. and B.
D. Neither A. nor B.
799. Permanent loss in a Venturimeter is about ___________ percent of the pressure drop in the upstream cone?
800. The velocity profile exhibited by laminar flow of Newtonian fluids is such that the velocity distribution w.r.t. radius of the circular pipe is a/an ______________ with the apex at the centre line of the pipe?
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.