691. Fluid flow in a/an ______________ is an example of pressure flow?
A. Partially filled pipeline
C. Open channel
693. In the Newton’s law range, the terminal velocity of a solid spherical particle falling through a stationary fluid mass is ______________ the fluid viscosity?
A. Directly proportional to
B. Inversely proportional to
C. Inversely proportional to the square root of
D. Independent of
694. In case of a Rotameter, the density of the float material is _____________ that of the liquid it replaces?
A. More than
B. Less than
C. Equal to
D. Either A. or B.
695. For turbulent flow in smooth circular pipe, the velocity distribution is a function of the distance ‘d’ measured from the wall of the pipe and the friction velocity ‘v’, and it follows a _____________ relationship?
696. A fluid (μ/ρ) = 0.01 cm2/sec is moving at critical flow condition (NRe = 2100) through a pipe of dia 3 cms. Velocity of flow is _______________ cm/sec?
697. Which of the following factors does not contribute to the pressure drop in a pipeline ?
A. Velocity of fluid
B. Size of pipe
C. Length of pipe and number of bends
D. None of these
698. What is the force required (in Newtons) to hold a spherical balloon stationary in water at a depth of H from the air-water interface? The balloon is of radius 0.1 m and is filled with air ?
B. 0.01 πgH/4
C. 0.01 πgH/8
D. 0.04 πgH/3
699. Which of the following fluid forces are not considered in the Navier-Stoke’s equation ?
A. Gravity forces
B. Viscous forces
C. Pressure forces
D. Turbulent forces
700. A lubricant 100 times more viscous than water would have a viscosity (in Pa.s) ?
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.