721. Draining of shallow pits or sump is done by a sump pump, which is a ______________ pump?
A. Single stage vertical
722. What causes cavitation in centrifugal pump ?
A. High suction pressure
B. Low barometric pressure
C. Low suction pressure
D. High suction velocity
723. Pitot tube measures the ______________ of a fluid?
B. Average velocity
C. Average flow rate
D. Point velocity
724. Manometers measure the ______________ pressure?
A. Vacuum as well as the atmospheric
B. Difference in
725. Choose the correct set of dimensions of viscosity that are equivalent (where, F, M, L, T are dimensions for force, mass, length and time respectively) ?
A. FL-2T, ML-1T-1
B. FLT, ML-1T-1
C. ML-1T-3, F-1L2T
D. F-1L2T-1, MLT-3
726. Which of the following two quantities when same, makes one pipe system equivalent to another pipe system ?
A. Head & discharge
B. Length & discharge
C. Length & diameter
D. Friction factor & diameter
727. Pick out the wrong statement pertaining to fluid flow ?
A. The ratio of average velocity to the maximum velocity for turbulent flow of Newtonian fluid
in circular pipes is 0.5
B. The Newtonian fluid velocity in a circular pipe flow is maximum at the centre of the pipe
C. Navier-Stokes equation is applicable to the analysis of viscous flows
D. Hagen-Poiseuille equation is applicable to the laminar flow of Newtonian fluids
728. What is the normal range of exit cone angle of a Venturimeter ?
A. 2 to 5
B. 7 to 15
C. 15 to 25
729. Various efficiencies of a centrifugal pump are related as (where, εm = mechanical efficiency εv = volumetric efficiency. εma = manometric efficiency εo = overall efficiency) ?
A. ηma × ηm × ηv = ηo
B. ηm = ηv . ηma
C. ηma = ηm × ηv
D. ηv = ηm × ηma
730. A fluid is pumped at the rate of 10 lb/sec to a height of 55 ft. The horse power required is _____________ hp?
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.