MCQs is one of the best ways to test a student’s comprehension of a concept. Academic Task subject experts have prepared these Chemical Engineering Question and Answers MCQs based on current trends and practices. These Chemical Engineering MCQs with answers cover all areas of Chemical Engineering. Furthermore, it will be beneficial for competitive examinations and tests (PPSC Test, FPSC Test
61. Annealing of cast iron__________________?
A. Softens it to facilitate machining
B. Decreases the free carbon
C. Increases the strength
D. None of these
62. Catalyst used in the ‘catalytic converter’ employed in automobile exhaust line for complete combustion/oxidation of carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides and hydrocarbons is__________________?
C. Vanadium pentoxide
D. Iron oxide
63. Silicon percentage in the silicon steel used for electrical appliances/equipments is_________________?
64. ____________________ joint is mostly used for joining pipes carrying water at low pressure ?
D. Bell and spigot
65. Which of the following is an example of stress corrosion ?
A. Season cracking of brass
B. Caustic embrittlement of steel
C. Both A. & B.
D. Neither A. nor (B)
66. Secondary hardening in steels arises out of the _____________________?
A. Precipitation of fine alloy carbides at high temperatures
B. Refinement of ferrite grain size by working
C. Decomposition of retained austenite upon heat treatment
D. Precipitation of complex inter-metallic upon heat treatment
67. The most commonly used moderator in nuclear power plants is__________________?
B. Light water
C. Heavy water
68. Basicity [%Cao + %MgO + %SiO2) of the slag in Indian blast furnace is in the range of___________________?
C. 1.5 – 1.8
D. 2.0 – 2.5
69. The dew point of moist air becomes ____________________ with decrease in its relative humidity ?
A. Less than the wet bulb temperature
B. More than the wet bulb temperature
C. More than the dry bulb temperature
D. Equal to wet bulb temperature
70. Thermistors are used in _____________ devices?
A. Voltage measuring
B. Temperature measuring
C. Temperature compensating
D. Both B. & C.